The meeting begins at 7:15 p.m., Stuart Hall at Princeton Theological Seminary, Room 6 (second floor.).
Mac OS 10.14 "Mojave" is Apple’s latest operating system for the Mac, which was released to the public on September 24, 2018.
Mac author and technology columnist Bob LeVitus will talk about the new operating system, give tips and tricks from his new book "MacOS Mojave For Dummies, give tips and tricks on the new iOS 12 (and maybe WatchOS 5.) Bob will also hold a lengthy question-and-answer session, offer giveaways, and comment on Apple’s new computers and tablets, announced on October 30th.
So come join PMUG’s November meeting to learn more about Apple’s new operating system, and have your questions answered by one of the Mac’s most popular technology authors!
September and October meetings will take place in Stuart Hall, Room 6, second floor.
About the presenter…
Bob LeVitus, often referred to as "Dr. Mac," has been writing about Apple technology for over twenty-five years. He’s written or co-written more than 80 popular computer books, with over two million copies sold worldwide. His recent titles include: MacOS Mojave For Dummies, iPad mini for Dummies, and iPhone for Dummies — all for Wiley Publishing. Bob has also authored Working Smarter for Mac Users, which has the goal, "To help Mac users do more work in less time without procrastinating so they have more time to do the things they love." For over 15 years Bob has also been a technology columnist for the Houston Chronicle, and The Mac Observer.
Memberships are due one year from your last renewal date. A reminder notice will be e-mailed if your membership has come due—please check your spam folder and that your e-mail address is correct from the account management page.
The following positions are open for election/volunteers on the PMUG Exec Committee:
- Purpose: Acting president in absence of president, other duties as assigned or needed.
- Required: text editor, e-mail, Web browser w/Internet access, Mac portable or iPad with presentation software (Keynote or PowerPoint.)
- Purpose: Track and effect all club financial functions, take deposits, pay bills, generate financial reports
- Required: text editor, e-mail, Web browser w/Internet access, Quicken, and Numbers or Excel. An extra copy of Quicken 2016 can be provided if needed.
- Purpose: Accept new and renew memberships, facilitate projects requiring membership info, create name labels for general meetings. accept forms and payments at meetings, update user account info with online membership software, generate reports
- Required: text editor, e-mail, Web browser w/Internet access, label software (OSX Contacts, Filemaker Pro, MS Word, Excel, Numbers)
- Recommended: Mac portable or iPad for meetings; printing can be done by uploading to PrincetonPrinter or with own printer.
Those interested should contact Ken Parkinson at email@example.com.