The meeting begins at 7:15 p.m., Stuart Hall at Princeton Theological Seminary, Room 3 (first floor.).
Since its launch in October 2010, Instagram has grown to join the ranks of the most popular social media Apps available.
The service has also added many new features over the years to better compete with other social media Apps.
But what makes Instagram so popular is that it goes beyond the ability to post images and short videos — Instagram encourages community.
Join PMUG’s Webmaster, Michael Blank, as he presents an introduction to the social photo sharing service. In his talk, Michael will explain and show the ins-and-outs of Instagram:
- Discover the wide range of people, organizations, and businesses which use Instagram, and the types of posts they make.
- Navigate Instagram’s multiple screens, and find out where to access its features — some are hidden away.
- Learn the ins-and-outs of posting photos.
- See how hashtags are used for more than finding content — they’re used to bring communities of like-minded people together.
- Find out how several communities use Instagram to go beyond photos and videos.
- Learn about newer (non-photo) features of Instagram.
In short, this informative presentation will reveal what Instagram is all about, what you can do with it, and how to use it.
September and October meetings will take place in Stuart Hall, Room 3, first floor.
About the Presenter
Michael Blank is PMUG’s Webmaster, manages PMUG’s Instagram account, and produces PMUG’s Monthly Meetings Podcast. Michael is also a Website designer for the Princeton Internet Group.